- Consider Shopping Cart Abandonment strategy
- Notifications and email reminders
- Up Selling opportunities and related products
- Maximize online sales and return on investment
Capture those missed opportunities
While implementing an e-commerce shopping cart solution ideally suited to your customer base is imperative, the inevitability of abandoned shopping carts warrants significant consideration. E-commerce analytics suggest that over 50% of abandoned shopping carts can be recovered within the first few hours, and dropping to 10% within the next 48 hours. People change their mind, for whatever reason. It’s vital to enact a strategy to capture these missed or lost revenues.
Data also suggests that a proper e-commerce shopping cart abandonment strategy can recover up to 80% of would-be business.
Typically, a reminder email will be sent within a couple hours, with follow-up emails or notifications again in a matter of days or weeks depending on the industry and client demographics. Whatever the strategy, it is important to understand that when a customer is at the shopping cart stage of the online purchasing process, they are the closest thing possible to a sale.
More on E-Commerce
Latest posts by Casey Bourque (see all)
- What Makes a Great FAQ Page…And Why Bother? - February 28, 2018
- Contact Form Fail – Ours was so bad that we got rid of it entirely - February 22, 2018
- Everyone likes shark stories right? I’ve got one for you - February 14, 2018